21. The Novice’s Tale (Sister Frevisse, # 1) by Margaret Frazer. Within the autumn that is fair of Lord’s elegance 1431, the nuns of England’s St. Frideswide’s get ready for the just ceremonies by which the saintly novice Thomasine takes her holy vows. However their peaceful life of beauty and prayer are tossed into chaos by the arrival that is merciless of Ermentrude Fenner along with her retinue of lusty males, sinful females, and baying hounds. The dowager that is hard-drinking keeps a animal monkey on her behalf enjoyment. She demands wine, a feast…
And her niece, the angelic Thomasine.
The girl really wants to enrich by by herself along with her reputation by organizing a wedding for naked lesbian sex the devout novice. She cares absolutely nothing for the panic and despair she results in her.
But all her cruel and cunning schemes are delivered to a unexpected end with strange & most abnormal murder.
As suspicious eyes switch on the pious Thomasine, it falls to Sister Frevisse, hosteler of this priory and amateur detective, to unravel the webs of unholy passion and dark intrigue that entangle the novice and show her purity… or condemn her.
22. Eggs in Purgatory (Cackleberry Club, no. 1) by Laura Childs. Suzanne, Toni, and Petra lose their husbands but find liberty whenever they start the Cackleberry Club. Then their cozy cafe becomes the scene of the criminal activity whenever an attorney dies by having a key on their lips and egg on their face. Just exactly just What all of this is because of a spiritual cult and Suzanne? S past could place her very own life exactly in danger.
23. The Cat, the Quilt plus the Corpse (A Cats in big trouble Mystery, # 1) by Leann Sweeney. Jill’s peaceful life is shattered whenever her home is broken into and her Abyssinian, Syrah, goes lacking. Jill’s convinced her kitty’s been catnapped. However when her cat-crime-solving leads her up to a murdered human anatomy, unexpectedly all paws are pointing to Jill.
Quickly, Jill discovers that Syrah is not the only real purebred who’s been taken. Now she’s got discover these furry felines she ends up nabbed for a crime before they all become the prey of a cold-blooded killer-and.
24. The Coroner’s Meal (Dr. Siri Paiboun, no. 1) by Colin Cotterill. Laos, 1978: Dr. Siri Paiboun, a 72-year-old doctor that is medical has unwillingly been appointed the nationwide coroner for the brand brand new socialist Laos. Their lab is underfunded, their employer is incompetent, and their support staff is quirky, to put it mildly. But Siri’s love of life gets him through their frequently aggravating times.
Once the human anatomy associated with spouse of a politician that is prominent through their morgue, Siri has explanation to suspect the lady happens to be murdered. To get at the reality, Siri along with his team face federal federal federal government secrets, spying next-door next-door neighbors, target hauntings, Hmong shamans, botched romances, as well as other dangers that are deadly. Somehow, Siri must figure a way out to balance the might for the celebration plus the might for the dead.
25. Gin & Daggers (Murder, She had written, number 1) by Jessica Fletcher. Jessica Fletcher is off to London to provide the keynote target at a secret authors convention. She’s also looking towards seeing her mentor, Marjorie Ainsworth, who’s hosting a celebration on her property to commemorate her book that is latest. But a business that is routine becomes murderous business–when Jessica discovers Marjorie stabbed to death inside her own bed room.
26. Really, Madly (Lucy Valentine, no. 1) by Heather Webber. Lucy Valentine is really as smart as is, as single as you are able to get, and thus maybe maybe perhaps not qualified to operate a matchmaking service. But whenever her moms and dads temporarily move down through the household company, Valentine, Inc., it’s Lucy’s check out intensify and assist out—in the title of love.
Plus, her lease is born. Here’s the issue: Lucy doesn’t have actually the knack for matchmaking. In accordance with household legend, every Valentine is endowed by Cupid having the ability to read “auras” and pair up perfect partners. Yet not Lucy. Her abilities were zapped away years back in an surge that is electrical now all she will do is find lost things.
What good is into the matchmaking globe? You’d a bit surpised. In town like Boston, everyone’s trying to find one thing. Then when Lucy locates a lacking wedding ring—on a dead body—she asks the sexy personal attention who lives upstairs to assist her re re re re solve the crime that is perfect. And that knows? Perhaps she’ll discover the love that is perfect she’s at it…in Heather Webber’s Really, Madly.
27. Your body into the Belfry (Faith Fairchild no. 1) by Katherine Hall Web Page. During her years invested in new york, Faith Fairchild had been convinced she had seen just about everything. However the transplanted caterer/minister’s wife was unprepared for the shocks waiting for her into the Massachusetts village that is sleepy of.
And she’s especially amazed by the dead human body of quite a thing that is young discovers stashed into the church’s belfry. The target, Cindy Shepherd, had been well-known locally on her behalf acid tongue along with her jilted beaux, which created plenty of bad bloodstream and much more than a couple of feasible perpetrators — including her luckless fiance, who’d neither an alibi nor an easier way to split the engagement off.
Faith believes it is terribly unjust that the police have actually zeroed in from the hapless boyfriend, and thus she sets off to unearth the facts. But searching too profoundly in to the sordid secrets of a little New England town can make the natives stressed. Plus an extremely inquisitive big town woman can be yet another tiny city death statistic in extremely order that is short.
28. Cloche and Dagger (Hat Shop Mystery, number 1) by Jenn McKinlay. Not merely is Scarlett Parker’s love life into the loo—as her British cousin Vivian Tremont would say—it’s additionally gone viral by having an uncomfortable movie. When Viv suggests Scarlett keep Florida to lay reduced in London, she hops regarding the plane that is next the pond. Viv could be the proprietor of Mims’s Whims, a women’ hat shop on Portobello path bequeathed to both cousins by their beloved grandmother, and she desires Scarlett to finally join her when you look at the millinery company.
However a surprises that are few Scarlett in London. First, she actually is met in the airport perhaps perhaps perhaps not by Viv, but by her handsome company supervisor, Harrison Wentworth. 2nd, Viv—who has many whims of her own—seems become lacking. No body is too worried about the Viv that is unpredictable until of her posh customers is located dead putting on the cloche cap Viv created for her—and nothing else. Is Scarlett’s relative in some trouble? Or perhaps is she in hiding?
29. An idea when it comes to Lady #1) by Parnell Hall. Cruciverbalists, rejoice. Get a pencil and acquire willing to re re re re solve the puzzle–and a murder–in that is puzzling lively first of an original amateur detective, skip Cora Felton, the reigning queen of crosswords. Cora’s an eccentric lady that is old a nationwide syndicated puzzle column, an irresistible desire to poke into unsettling activities, and a niece who’s determined to help keep her away from trouble. This delightful heroine takes her first crack at playing sleuth in a slyly amusing and wickedly suspenseful mystery. Just this really isn’t fun and games…. It’s murder.
Violent criminal activity is unusual in small Bakerhaven. Once the human anatomy of a teenage that is unknown arises within the regional cemetery, Police Chief Dale Harper discovers himself investigating their very very very first homicide. Absolutely Nothing about it full instance is easy. A good thorough search for the criminal activity scene does not expose whom she had been, the murder gun, or why the killer left her body in a graveyard minus her footwear. A scrap of paper she carried appears to be a crossword puzzle clue. Could it were kept by the killer? If that’s the case, so what does it suggest?
Luckily for Harper, Bakerhaven is the new house of skip Cora Felton, the famed “Puzzle Lady” herself, whose crossword that is popular line graces newspapers nationwide. Yet bringing Cora Felton into this instance might be their many mistake that is costly. For though she may look like someone’s sweet old grandmother, behind those twinkling eyes and that slightly mysterious laugh lies a lady with an astonishing secret…and some concealed vices. What’s worse, one whiff of secret turns skip Felton as A miss that is modern-day Marple.
Now Cora is snooping through criminal activity scenes, questioning witnesses, and gaining plenty of undesired attention. It is simply the kind of meddling, mischief-making behavior that drives Chief Harper to distraction and inspires many cross words from her long-suffering niece Sherry. Nevertheless when another human body arises in a murder that hits much closer to home, Cora must find a killer–before she winds up in a black colored field three foot across…and six down.